There are three elements to outdoor cinema events:
- the venue
- the social experience
- and of course, the movies
SELECTING A MOVIE
Which movie to show? Comedy, drama, action, classic? It’s up to you. You can show almost any movie that is available on DVD.
Movies just released to DVD tend to be a huge draw. Showing a brand-new release will be exciting. You will indirectly benefit from the marketing that surrounds DVD releases. But old favorites can be popular, too. Especially with parents who may feel nostalgic for movies they enjoyed as kids.
Here are a few movie title suggestions for the 2010 outdoor movie season.
CRITERION PICTURES USA
Already on DVD
- Ice Age 3
- Aliens in the Attic
Pre-home releases (dates subject to change)
- Fantastic Mr Fox: March 1
- Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squequal: March 1
- Avatar: April 1
- Tooth Fairy: May 1
- Percy Jackson: May 1.
- A-team & Marmaduke (Fall)
SWANK (dvd) -
- Cloudy with a chance of meatballs (Jan)
- Plant 51 (April 15)
- Where the Wild Things Are (April 15)
- Hoodwinked Too: Hood Vs. Evil (June 1)
- The Spy Next Door (Summer)
- How to train your dragon (Fall)
- Iron Man 2 (Fall)
- Shrek Forever (probably fall)
MOVIE PICKING TIPS
When considering movies, remember that pre-home release movies will bring in
larger crowds because they are not available to the public.
Try to pick something that does well in the theaters, even though it may not
be a person preference.
SOUTHERN OUTDOOR CINEMA’S MOVIE PICKS
- Alvin & the Chipmunks 2.
- The Fantastic Mr. Fox